Thursday 23 July 2015

If I were a butterfly

Idea 145 Flying: Write about having wings and what you would do

If I were a butterfly I would be free to see the world from another point of view.
If I were a butterfly I could dance over the the fragrant meadows.
If I were a butterfly I would not be bound by the chains of reality.
If I were a butterfly I could float through the beauty of nature.
If I were a butterfly I wouldn't need to rush.
If I were a butterfly I wouldn't have a care in the world.
If I were a butterfly I would emerge from my cocoon filled with joy, excitement and anticipation of what the world was about to offer me. 

Butterflies can't see their wings. They can't see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can. People are like that as well.


Oh how I love the freedom my wings have brought to my life. Never before had I seen such beauty until I could fly. How wondrous is creation! I am but a tiny speck in an infinite universe, yet my existence is just as important as the brightest star. My curiosity knows no bounds as I flutter and dance from place to place. My wings take me far and wide. Every day there are more wonders to behold, I know nothing of war, hate and the evils of the world. All I know is the beauty that resides from North to South and East to West. I will rise and fall on the gentle breeze as I experience life as I know it.

"Katie Daisy is a great artist. About this painting she writes; "I created this piece to instill that we are all free to fly... be it by traveling, reading books, or being free in the mind. Perhaps you're not as stuck as you imagine?" So liberating =)

No comments:

Post a Comment