Friday 24 July 2015

Spontaneous is an understatement!

Today I won't be choosing an idea from my creative writing box. Instead I shall be commenting on the amazing day I've had.

It started off as a regular Friday. We had made plans to do a bit of shopping, visit my mother in law and perhaps chill out a bit at some point. How is it then that I'm sitting here staring at a brand new dog bed, toys, treats and goodness knows what else I bought in Pets at Home tonight? Well the answer to that is spontaneity. We have been considering the idea of adopting a dog for a while and today, out of the blue, we decided to go and have a look. Not only did we have a look, but after meeting 2 different dogs we choose to give one of them a forever home. Considering today was the first day I had ever walked a dog, it's amazing to think that in less than I week I will be sharing my home with one. I have to admit I am very proud of myself as the first dog was a bull mastiff - I don't do things by halves! The second was a crossbreed. A beautiful girl called Maddie who is almost 2. It's Maddie who will be the new member of the family. I'm so looking forward to bringing her home. You can't beat a bit of spontaneity.

No comments:

Post a Comment