Tuesday 21 July 2015

Poking My Head Out of the Cocoon

Today I came to the decision that if I'm ever going to write anything then I need to stop waiting until I feel 'inspired' and just get down and do something. I've got books I could read and the whole of the internet to guide and inspire me. So how will I begin, just like that? I decided to visit Pinterest for some ideas. I came across a link to '365 Creative Writing Prompts'. I thought this might help me as it advised writing every day. It occurred to me that an athlete needs to train every day to be the best they can be - perhaps it's the same with writing, so I decided to give it a try. As the day has moved along I've  found myself creating an ideas box with the prompts from the website and decided that a blog would be a good way of recording my daily writing. I won't be limiting myself to one piece a day and I won't be following any order. It will be random. It will be challenging. I can't wait!
 
The whole butterfly theme of this blog comes from the many changes that have been happening to me this year. In February we bought our first house and last week I left my teaching job of ten years to make the transition into SEN teaching, something I have always longed to do. I feel that my wings are ready and I'm waiting to take my first flutter. I adore butterflies. So much so that I have a large leg tattoo featuring two butterflies. I feel that my life so far has been about preparing me for the opportunity to do all that I've wanted to do but rarely get the chance or think I haven't got the time to do. I've now come to a point in my life where I am ready to do all these things. I'm ready to emerge and spread my wings.

So here it is. The beginning of something special, I hope. Now to finish my ideas box so I can start my daily exercise to take me from wannabe writer to Writer :-)


1 comment:

  1. Best advice I was ever given was to write every day, and the book is being published on Monday! Good luck

    ReplyDelete